Hooray!! My Sweet Embrace save the date design has now been shared and repinned on Pinterest over a 1400 times! I am thrilled this design has spread so far and so fast. Its success has certainly exceeded my expectations.
For those who arrived at his blog post because you’re looking to purchase this design, it is now exclusively available for sale at Minted.com!
I think this design has been successful thus far because it pairs sophisticated, clean type with a beautiful, professionally photographed engagement pic. If you’re recently engaged and planning a photoshoot, I have a few tips if you hope to use this design for your Save the Date cards.
- Go for great natural light. Late afternoon or sunset can result in some beautiful pics.
- Make sure to get some nice vertical shots of you and your honey standing close together, holding hands, sharing a kiss or ‘sweet embrace’. Look in love!
- Full, head-to-toe body shots work best, so the photo can be cropped, scaled or repositioned around the text to achieve a flattering layout.
- This design looks great with white text, so what you wear matters. A little color or similar tonal qualities in your clothing can help.
- You probably don’t want the environment in the background of your photo to be too busy, but you still want some color in your surroundings so the text in this design is legible.
- Get creative!
For a little extra inspiration, here are some of examples of photos that can work with this design:
FYI: You might notice in few of these examples that there is a pink tint overlay or outer glow around the edges of the photo. These filters can add a pretty effect to your photo and the overall design. However, what looks best totally depends on your photo, so you’ll be able to purchase this design with or without any tint/filter.